Veteran consultant fed up with anti-aging hype, exposes the myths about aging
Practical Anti-Aging Strategies
Discover how thousands of people combat aging, getting fitter, leaner, and stronger than they ever thought possible using science and logical reasoning to separate practical anti-aging strategies from pie-in-the-sky schemes and outright quackery.
ven if you have already experienced aging beyond your years, even if you have gained fat and lost muscle and bone mass, even if you suffer from health problems, on this web site you will find practical anti-aging strategies. You will discover what aspects of aging you can control and what you cannot control. You will learn how to work with your doctor to slow down the progress of chronic diseases associated with aging and so help yourself. You will learn how to combat aging by building endurance, shedding fat, building muscle and bone mass, and regaining strength without spending all your time in the gym.
My wake-up call
A little over one year ago, I faced a serious challenge to my health related to age. Let me be frank, I was frightened. In fact, the first thing I did was panic. When I had calmed down enough to do some preliminary research about antiaging strategies, what I found convinced me that the same systems science I had practiced all my professional life could solve health problems most people attribute to growing old, caused more often by poor nutrition and inactivity than by aging itself.
What I discovered
What I found convinced me that, although "aging" has special meanings for scientists, more often "aging" is shorthand for ignorance and inertia, and "anti-aging" is shorthand for cosmetic products and services. We base our beliefs about growing old on traditional social and cultural expectations. As we grow older we become feeble because we mold ourselves to the stereotypes we have inherited from our parents and our grandparents—we follow negative models. To combat aging we must find positive models and mold ourselves to new mental images of health, fitness, and appearance. We must erase the old mental program with its expectations of decline and decay and replace it with a new mental program with expectations of renewed fitness and vitality.
That's what I mean by anti-aging strategy: use it or lose it! You already know that. Why not get your act together now? Why wait until you are in a wheelchair wishing you had taken the other road—the one less traveled?
During the first year of my program I regained flexibility, endurance and strength and shrank my waistline from 37 to 32 inches, losing 40% body fat in the process with better eating habits but without dieting.
My total cholesterol dropped 36% and blood pressure has fallen into the normal range, without drugs or herbal remedies. Some muscles that disappeared 20 years ago have reappeared. Muscles have popped up that I have never seen before, ever, including the start of a modest six-pack. I believed from the start that I would succeed, but never hoped to hit the jackpot. Yet, the improvement continues as I continue the program.
On this web site, I provide details of my approach to lifelong fitness and health in the form of articles and downloadable files. I am not selling this program: I do not charge fees for any information I provide on this web site.
Joy likes company too
If you are determined to combat aging, you are a pioneer, but you are not alone in your commitment to lifelong fitness and health. Since starting my program, I have found many sources of information written by doctors, other healthcare providers and fitness trainers who have guided patients and clients in achieving fitness and health through lifestyle change. I will review the work of these dedicated professionals and present success stories of ordinary people who have restored their health and their bodies through fitness training and better nutrition.
If you have not signed up already, please subscribe so I can let you know when updates are ready. You can subscribe to receive an e-mail when the weekly newsletter is ready, or you can subscribe to Anti-Aging Blog using the RSS feed.
If you are not sure what RSS and blogging is all about or you don't have a (free) RSS reader yet, click here... What's an RSS Feed?
Disclaimer: This website should not be substituted for the advice of a physician. Please consult with your family doctor before taking vitamins or food supplements and before beginning any weight-loss or exercise program.
- Anti-Aging Blog
- Discover how thousands of people combat aging, getting fitter, leaner, and stronger than they ever thought possible. It's never too late!
- Anti-aging strategies for achieving lifelong fitness ...
- Veteran consultant fed up with anti-aging hype, exposes the myths about aging. Discover how thousands of people combat aging, getting fitter, leaner, and stronger than they ever thought possible.
- Request free e-book: Reduce Cholesterol Without Drugs
- Anti-aging Strategies, Weight Loss, Reduce Cholesterol Without Drugs
- Newsletter Archive
- Combat-Aging.com Newsletter Archive
- Scientists disagree about the aging process. What's so controversial?
- <b>Discover a simple concept</b> that clears away the confusion about the aging process and anti-aging strategies.
- How to achieve your goals with psycho-cybernetics
- Psycho-Cybernetics: lose weight, quit smoking by harnessing the power of the subconscious mind.
- Lose Fat, Build Muscle
- How to lose fat and build muscle at any age, a practical guide
- How I succeeded with weight loss after I stopped dieting.
- I failed at weight loss and keeping the weight off until I stopped dieting. That's when I lost 30 pounds and I haven't regained a single pound.
- Food and recipes for health and time-saving food tips
- Food and recipes for health, time saving tips and tools for food preparation.
- Avoid chronic disease
- Avoid chronic disease, enjoy good health through better nutrition and exercise..
- Bob Delmonteque: A role model for the 21st century
- Bob Delmonteque: a role model for the 21st Century
- Your comments, questions, ideas, interesting info
- <b>How can you help? Your comments, questions, ideas, info could help others.</b>
- <b>We support internet privacy and oppose spamming.</B>
- Hotmail spam filter
- Hotmail users: How to recover lost e-mails
- Site map for Combat-Aging-dot-Com: It's never too late!
- The Combat-Aging-dot-Com site map saves you time with a bird's-eye view of the whole site.
- About the author, Fred Colbourne
- Who would have ever thought that a visit to the doctor could inspire an author to build a Web site?
- What Is RSS?
- Anti-Aging Blog is the RSS feed for Combat-Aging.com. It lets you know about new pages, updates and occasional special posts.
- Fitness and Nutrition Links
- Links to Interesting Sites
- Contribute To Combat Aging
- Would you like to share your knowledge about combatting aging? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.